Welcome to the Pals November 2017 Blog Hop featuring “Anything But a Card”. Thank you so much for joining us today. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Stampin’ Pretty Pals wow you with projects like home decor items, gifts and 3-D items. Maybe even some card sets.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
A pretty box is just what we need for holiday gift giving! As paper crafters, we have the ability to actually make an easy small box.
For this box I used a beautiful Champagne Foil Sheet ~ isn’t it gorgeous? To decorate the top of the box I added an additional piece of Champagne Foil that was embossed with the Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Do you see how it has the pattern of a snowflake? And the box opens easily at the front so that you can slip in the little gift!
The Cherry Cobbler Double-Stitched Ribbon was slipped under the embossed piece and then tied up in a bow on the top. It’s the perfect finish to the blingy box!!
You can use all kinds of different papers to make boxes. I made a second box using Cherry Cobbler card stock and the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper. For this box I cut pieces of the designer series paper and adhered them on all of the sides of the box.
To make the box:
- Start with an 11″ x 7″ piece of card stock
- Placing the card stock in a horizontal/landscape position, use the score blade on your Stampin’ Trimmer to score at 2″ – 5″ – 7″ – and 10″
- Turn the card stock to the vertical/portrait position and score at 2″ and 5″
- Hold the card stock in the vertical/portrait position, with the smallest scored section at the top (1″)… you will see three scored sections along the top. Trim away the left and right sides, leaving a 3″ wide x 1″ deep tab. This forms the tab which is part of the lid of the box.
- Turn the card stock back to the horizontal/landscape position and cut up from the bottom of the card stock at each vertical score line just as far as the first horizontal score line.
- Flip the card stock around so that the side you have just cut is now at the top. Again cut up from the bottom of the piece at each vertical score line just as far as the first horizontal score line.
- Fold and burnish each score line. Form the box with the tabbed lid at the top. Trim the sides of the lid to 1″ deep, to match the tab.
- Put the box together, adhering the sides with Tear & Tape or Fast Fuse
- Run a 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ piece of card stock through the Big Shot inside of the Winter Wonder Texture Impressions Embossing Folder (see how to get it FREE below!).
- Tie ribbon around the embossed piece, making a bow at the top. Adhere to the top of your box.
I will be posting a video tutorial with instructions on how to assemble the box later this week. All of the supplies I used are listed at the bottom of this post.
I’d sure love to hear what you think of this box and my video. I’m trying to get better at them 🙂 Please leave your COMMENT HERE.
Thanks so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today! Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on December 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below.
Free Embossing Folder!
Place an order for $75 or more in my online store, and use my Monthly Host Code for November QHJE9JVE, and you will receive from me as your FREE GIFT the Stampin’ Up! Winter Wonder Textured Impressions Embossing Folder used in the box above! This embossing folder will add beautiful texture to all your holiday projects! CLICK HERE to learn more!