Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for October 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects feature cards made using “wicked” folds. What is a “wicked” fold? It is anything other than the standard A2 card fold. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
Today’s card is a triple fold card ~ 3 beautiful folds that open up to a pretty card. And all held together with a ribbon, flowered band!
This card shows off lots of pretty designer series paper on the folds and adds the sentiments on the inside. It gives the card maker lots of room to play 🙂
This is an easy card to make. You need some 12″ x 12″ card stock. Here I used Whisper White card stock trimmed to 12″ x 5-1/2″. To create the folds, score the long 12″ side at 4-1/4″, 7-1/4″, and 10-1/4″.
I lined each panel with dsp and tried to alternate the patterns. I then put a thin Happy Birthday banner inside the first fold, and another nice sentiment in the second fold.
The “belly” band is made of 2 strips of 12″ x 1″ card stock, one of Peekaboo Peach covered with copper speckled washi tape, and another of Cajun Craze. They are alternated just a bit so the Cajun Craze strip peeks out under the other one. A pretty piece of Peekaboo Peach 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon was slipped in on the right side of the band. A flower cut from the May Flowers Framelits and leaves from the Flourish Thinlits finish off the band.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Beth Fairweather at Beth Fairweather Designs
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
All Products Are Stampin’ Up!
Stamps: Vertical Greetings, Suite Sayings
Ink: Cajun Craze Classic Stampin’ Up!
Paper: Peekaboo Peach, Cajun Craze, and Whisper White card stock, Fruit Stand and Petals & Paisleys designer series paper
Tools: Flourish Thinlits, May Flower Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelits, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine
Embellishments: Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape, Peekaboo Peach 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon, White Perfect Accents, 2016-18 In Color Enamel Shapes