Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate Springtime, so I hope you are ready for gorgeous Spring colors, flowers and butterflies – and maybe some sweet baby animals. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m SO excited to be a guest with Brian King and his team InKing Royalty for their April blog hop! It’s been so much fun to create a bright yellow floral card and gift tag for the springtime theme. The background for both is a Pineapple Punch watercolored stripe that just makes me think “Spring”!
These pretty stripes were watercolored with an Aqua Painter to make a background for this gift tag and card. I’ve created a video tutorial to show you how you can do this too ~ it’s easy!
This card can be used for a birthday or any kind of encouragement card. Two of the colors used here are retiring soon (Pineapple Punch and Lovely Lipstick), and I really wanted to use them before they are gone at the beginning of June. Be sure to grab these while you can!
Roses are blooming right now in my garden, so it seemed just right to use the big rose stamp from the To a Wild Rose stamp set. It was stamped in Versamark ink on Whisper White card stock, embossed with Silver Emboss Powder and set with the Heat Gun. This made a great outline for coloring with Stampin’ Blends! I used Light and Dark Lovely Lipstick Blends and Light Rocco Rose.
The “happy” sentiment was die cut from Melon Mambo card stock using the Well Written Dies. I love the way the pinks look against the bright Pineapple Punch ink. A few sequins were added for bling (I love to add bling to my cards).
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop which is Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin.
There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<<<<<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
If you like today’s post…