Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is Punch Your Art Out. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For today’s projects we are making what you might call “punch art.,” using punches to create our cards. My card is focused on the large dragonfly, with little dragonflies placed around. They were punched with the Dragonflies Punch.
This card begins with a Basic White cardstock base. The front of the card was lightly colored with Bubble Bath ink using a Blending Brush.
The main body of the dragonfly is punched from a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper that was watercolored using a Water Painter and a Berry Burst ink. A second dragonfly was punched from Vellum cardstock and adhered to the first dragonfly with a few drops of Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Then just the body of the dragonfly was punched from a strip of gold More Dazzle Specialty Paper. This was adhered to the body with dots of glue. A Berry Burst gem was adhered to the top of the body.
Leaves and. small flowers were punched from Basic White cardstock using the Bough Punch. The little flowers were colored with the Berry Burst Stampin’ Wright Marker.
The sentiment from the Timeless Arrangements Stamp Set was stamped on Basic White cardstock in Berry Burst ink and punched out with the Double Oval Punch. Finally, the card was splattered by using a Dark Berry Burst Stampin’ Blend Alcohol Marker (flick the brush end against the lid).
I hope you enjoy seeing all that can be done with punches. I love punches as they are quick and easy to use with big results!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month, when our theme will be All Creatures Great and Small.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Blog Hop Lineup
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards. <<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
The Stampin’ Up! products used to create today’s card are shown below: