Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and want you to enjoy our creations!
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you can see all the projects.
My card today focuses on both texture and technique, and it uses some continuing products and some new products! Let’s talk about texture. A card can be fun and interesting because of the texture on the card.
To add texture to my card I used the Petal Burst Embossing Folder on a panel of Shimmery White card stock. Then I watercolored the panel with Sweet Sugarplum ink. You can see how the ink filled in the white space between the petals in some places and not in other places ~ this also adds texture!
Pretty Pointer: Shimmery White card stock is perfect for times when you want to both watercolor and use an embossing folder. It is a paper that is recommended for watercoloring and is also thin enough to go through an embossing folder.
For more texture, I added some of the brand new 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon in the new In Color, Berry Burst (loving this ribbon!). I topped that with some Very Vanilla 1/2′ Lace Trim and finished it all off with an open lacy-looking flower. The “lovely” die cut sentiment is from the brand new Lovely Words Thinlits Dies.
All the details of the items I used are at the bottom of this post. Hope this gives you some ideas for adding texture to your own projects!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards <<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
All Products Used Stampin’ Up!
Ink: Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin’ Pad
Paper: Whisper White and Shimmery White card stock
Tools: Petal Burst Embossing Folder, Lovely Words Thinlits Dies (available June 1st), May Flowers Framelits, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Aqua Painter
Embellishments: 1/2″ Finely Woven Berry Burst Ribbon (available June 1st), Very Vanilla 1/2′ Lace Trim, and Glitter Enamel Dots (available June 1st)