Welcome to the Pals March 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Spring has Sprung”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with Spring or Spring-related projects. You may see floral, Easter or other general Spring-inspired designs. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Spring in my garden here in Southern California is announced by the first rose blooms of the season. They are always the best, the healthiest, and the prettiest roses. And my rose garden is just outside the window in my craft room so I see it while I’m stamping!!
My card today is a country rose. It reminds me of a yellow rose climbing a fence out in the country. This rose is from the Graceful Garden stamp set and, as you can see, it’s very detailed. To me it just called out to be colored with our Stampin’ Blends 🙂
Remember to use Memento Ink with the Stampin’ Blends so that the stamped outline doesn’t bleed into your color. This is particularly important when using a light color like this Daffodil Delight.
I used some of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper as a background for the rose. NOTE: on May 31st this paper will be retired, so if you like it be sure to order some right away. In fact, I just ordered another package of it because I like it so much!
This is a card you could use for many different occasions. I find that I reach for “thinking of you” cards for sympathy, get well, encouragement, anything! I really like the font on this sentiment from the Beautiful Day stamp set, and it fit so well on my card!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on April 11, 2018 for our Family First Hop. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<<<<<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
Gorgeous! I love everything about it. The DSP, cut flower, touch of doily. It is great!
Jackie, thanks so much for stopping by. So appreciate your comment!!
Yellow roses are just beautiful and yours is no exception here, Peggy and set against the wood background adds to the country charm.
Thank you Roseanne! That’s what I was thinking!
Very nice card. Yellow roses are my favorites and I love the single yellow rose against the wood background.
I agree Brenda, yellow roses are beautiful!
Your card is lovely and so very elegant! I love how you colored your rose!
Thanks Jennifer! It’s easy with the Stampin’ Blends!!
Gorgeous yellow rose, Peggy! And, it’s wonderful against the Wood Texture paper!
Oh thank you, sweet Su!
Peggy… in a word STRIKING! Thank you for the great share.
So appreciate your nice comment Rae!
Yellow roses are my favorite flowers! This gorgeous! Especially with the wood textures DSP.
Thanks Linda for the nice comment! I love yellow roses too!