Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our theme is the “new 2020-2022 In Colors.” The Design Team is showcasing the new family of In Colors from the new catalog. We know you will love them as much as we do! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My word for this year’s In Colors is “rich.” They aren’t quite gem tones, and they aren’t really deep, but they are rich colors Each one has depth, and blends well with other colors. For today’s card I’ve used the In Colors Just Jade, Bumblebee, and Misty Moonlight.
Today’s card uses the sweet new Posted for You Bundle. It has the cutest Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch 🙂 The “stamp” is featured right in the center of this square card. Here are the details on how to make this card:
The birds and leaves were stamped in Sahara Sand ink on two pieces of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. One image was lightly watercolored with Just Jade and Misty Moonlight ink, using the new Water Painters. On the second image, only the lower bird was watercolored with Bumblebee ink. It was then fussy cut out of the rest of the image. This tiny bird was adhered over the bird on the first piece, using a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional. A Magenta Madness In Color Enamel Dot was placed in the upper left corner of the stamp for the tiniest bit of bling!
The card base is 8-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White card stock, scored at 4-1/4.” A 4″ square piece of Just Jace card stock was adhered to the card front with Multipurpose Glue.
A 3-3/4″ square piece of Bumblebee card stock was cut and dry embossed with the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder. Then a piece of Misty Moonlight card stock was cut with the largest square die from the Stitched Shapes Dies and adhered on a diamond angle over the Bumblebee piece, using Multipurpose Glue.
A Square Vellum Doily was trimmed down with Paper Snips and adhered in the center of the Misty Moonlight piece with tiny dots of Multipurpose Glue. Some Misty Moonlight/Silver Baker’s Twine (part of the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack) was wrapped twice around the Bumblebee piece and secured on the right side with a bow. The entire piece was then adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Just Jade piece. The postage stamp was adhered over the baker’s twine with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Happy Birthday sentiment was stamped on a piece of Whisper White card stock with Just Jade ink, and punched out with the Classic Label Punch. It was adhered to the card front, also with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals..
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for July 8th – Gifts from the Garden when the design team will showcase cards or gift ideas from treasures found in the garden.
Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
Thank you for stopping by today! Happy Stamping!