Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Pile It On” – showcasing their card/project with layers of DSP and/or embellishments for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Layers, layers, layers! I love layers! And it’s so much fun to create layered cards. Start with your card base – this one is Rich Razzleberry. Then layer on a different color of cardstock (here Sahara Sand) and then some designer series paper (Classic Christmas dsp). The designer series paper was cut with one of the Curvy Dies that cuts tiny leaves out of the paper. Behind the cut out leaves I’ve adhered a strip of Old Olive cardstock. The papers were then distressed and angled on top of the card base.
I want to tell you my little secret for creating layered cards 🙂 I have a small box at my desk where I put items I’ve die cut but not used. So I grab that box and start pulling out die-cut pieces and layering them on! Sometimes I’ll like the shape of the piece but it might be the wrong color, so I’ll quickly cut another using a different color. I just try all kinds of things. Doing this gives me inspiration and ideas ~ it’s never failed me yet!
For my card today I pulled out of my box a sunflower in Blushing Bride cardstock, then a piece of Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper cut with a Stitched So Sweetly Die.
Over that I layered a piece of Shimmery White cardstock stamped with the long leafy stamp from the Quite Curvy Stamp Set, watercolored in Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive ink, and then cut out with the coordinating die.
I found and layered on two circles embossed with the Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder. Then I cut out a Rich Razzleberry “love” heart from the Wreath Builder Dies, and added few little green leaves. The twine here is a sneak peek from the brand new Dandy Garden Project in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 9th when our theme is “Goodbye September Mini Catalog and Hello January Mini Catalog.” Participants showcase their favorites from the retiring holiday catalog or new products from the new mini catalog. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards. <<<<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
Below are the products used on today’s card. Click any item to learn more and to shop!