Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Fun Ways to Use Your Stampin’ Up! Products” where we show our favorite product tips. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Many handmade cards today have at least a few layers on the front of the card. How do you cut and measure for all those layers? Your best friend for layering cards is the Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer. It will help guide you in creating your layers. My tip for you today answers the question:
“How do I create layers for the front of my card?”
This card has 9 layers, but it’s easy to do when you know how. When cutting your layers, for each new layer measure in 1/4″ from the size of the previous layer! Keep cutting each successive piece by decreasing the length and width by 1/4.” Begin with the standard card front which is 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ and decrease from there.
Here’s a video to help you:
This card begins with a basic white card base 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4. The Pattern Party Designer Series Paper is layered alternately with Pale Papaya cardstock and Basic Black cardstock. The top layer is a welcoming pineapple cut with the In the Tropics Dies.
The sentiment is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on a strip of Basic White cardstock and tucked in under the bow of Pale Papaya Open-Weave Ribbon.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 14th for “Wonderful Cards from the Garden” when our Design Team creates a project with flowers or scenes from the garden. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards. <<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!!
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
Thank you for stopping by today!
Below are the Stampin’ Up! products used on today’s card. Click any item to learn more and to shop!