Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I have for you a fancy square fold-out card. I love this card because it’s for a very special person in my life who has been a mentor to me for many years. I created a card that is not only pretty, but allows room for me to add personal notes and expressions of love.
To create the card base you will need two pieces of Basic White card stock: (1) a 4″ x 11″ piece scored at 2-1/2″ and 6-3/4″; and, (2) a 4″ x 8-1/4″ piece scored at 4-1/8.” Hold piece (1) with the 2-1/2″ piece at the left, overlap the last scored section of this piece with one section of piece (2) and adhere with Multipurpose Glue. This will give you the full fold-out card. The 2-1/2″ piece becomes the front panel and it opens up to reveal the other three panels!
Along the front and the inside three 4-1/8″ panels of the card is a 1-7/8″ strip of dotted Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper. Before gluing down the strip to the front panel, a long piece of Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon was adhered under the designer series paper. This serves as the tie for the card.
The small front panel is stamped on the top and bottom with the larger floral stamp in the Encircled in Friendship Stamp Set. Adhered to the front panel is a doily cut from Pale Papaya cardstock using the Encircled in Beauty Dies. Inside the doily is the floral image stamped and colored with Stampin’ Blends.
All three of the 4-1/8″ panels were stamped above and below the strip of designer series paper with Soft Suede ink and the large floral image.
On one of the inside panels I cut three of the small doily dies, 2 from Pale Papaya cardstock and one from Basic White cardstock. Don’t you love these little doilies?
I’m so excited to send this card to my dear friend. I hope this gives you some ideas to use for cards to your special friends 🙂
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on November 10th. Our theme will be “Home for the Holidays” when our Design Team creates a project to celebrate the upcoming holidays. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Diana Carr at Secret Life of Paper
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<<<<<<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
Here are the Stampin’ Up! products used on today’s card: