This month, the theme is “CASE the Catalog” so the Design Team chose a card from the new Annual Catalog and has CASEd it with their own creative twist. (“CASE” means “copy and share everything.”) We really hope that you are inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! As you hop from blog to blog, we would love for you to leave a comment. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The card I chose to CASE is on page 96. of the Annual Catalog and uses the Color & Contour Bundle. I was so intrigued with the way the card uses the scalloped die angled down the card. I discovered it was actually not hard to do using the Scalloped Contour Dies. The painted-look paper under the scallop is from the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper.
The leaves were stamped on the Basic White scalloped piece and colored in with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. The flowers were stamped on scraps of Basic White, colored in with Stampin’ Blends, and then cut with the dies from the bundle. The pink flower was colored inside with a Sponge Dauber and Polished. Pink ink.
The sentiment was stamped in Versamark Ink on Balmy Blue cardstock. White embossing powder was sprinkled on the Versamark ink and then the Heat Gun was used.
The sentiment was tucked under the flowers and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. These colors blend together beautifully, don’t they? A few Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels finish off the card with “bling”!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 13th. Our theme will be “Create Your Own Background” when our Design Team creates a background using any technique they wish, such as stencils, stamping, watercolor, embossing but not DSP.
Until then, have fun in your craft space!
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards <<<< YOU ARE HERE!
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
These are the Stampin’ Up! products used to create today’s card: