Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop!
This month, the theme is All Creatures Great and Small. We really hope that you will be inspired by all the amazing creations the Pals are sharing with you! Then, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
The small creature featured today on my card is a baby penguin! He’s so darling, and here he’s holding some birthday balloons.
This card uses just a few colors, and they are some of my favorites. Berry Burst is dark and rich and it contrasts perfectly with the light and soft Bubble Bath. The card base is Basic White cardstock cut at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 4-1/4.” A 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Glorious Gingham Designer Series Paper in Berry Burst was layered on the card front.
Then a 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ piece of Berry Burst cardstock was layered behind a 3-3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White cardstock. These layers create the fun frame on the front of the card.
The Basic White piece was colored on the lower left corner with Bubble Bath ink using a Blending Brush. The fun garland at the top was stamped in both Berry Burst and Bubble Bath ink. The balloons were stamped in the same colors and cut with coordinating dies.
The precious little baby penguin is from the Sweet & Precious Stamp Set. The stamp set has him with his mother, but I fussy cut him out by himself for this card.
This card would be most traditionally used as a birthday card, but it could also be a congratulations card!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop next month (second Wednesday), when our theme will be The Color Purple. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Please leave me a comment by clicking below 🙂
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards. <<< YOU ARE HERE!!
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
The Stampin’ Up! products used to create today’s card are shown below: